This is a very demanding, but extremely rewarding role, with full responsibility for the catering service in your allocated chalet. The emphasis in this role is the ability to draw on your own impressive experience and creativity to design and deliver a luxury chalet catering service of the highest possible standard.
We recruit Chalet Chefs for our Chalets: Kilimanjaro, Bergerie, Mistral and Lafitenia. Our flagship Chalet Chardon has a Head Chef and a Sous Chef.
- Menu design: plan and cost, with close attention to budgets
- Shopping, online ordering of supplies, visiting local suppliers
- Stock control and management in your kitchen
- Prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés, five course evening meal, petit fours, ski room snacks and transfer picnics
- Cater for children and nannies (including lunches and children’s teas when required)
- Plan and prepare staff meals
- Cater for guests’ special dietary requirements and allergies
- Cater for special occasions and guest “wows”
- Be flexible for last minute changes to timings and menus as per guests’ requirements
- Responsible for food hygiene and general health and safety in the kitchen and dining areas
- Keep the kitchen clean, tidy and presentable; log fridge temperatures and observe fridge and freezer rules
- Assist with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Work closely with chalet team, especially your Chalet Manager, and assist with duties to ensure your chalet is run efficiently and to high standards
- Open and close the chalet to our exacting standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
- Recognised catering qualification and extensive experience
- Previous work experience in a fine dining, Rosette or Michelin star restaurant
- Experience in different cuisine for example: French, Italian, Asian etc.
- Experience in running your own kitchen
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Fluent English, conversational French (preferred)
- Knowledge of ski resort/season life.
We are looking for the following key personal qualities and attributes:
- Positive, flexible & adaptable attitude
- Highly professional with a 5 star service mentality
- Self-motivated, proactive and energetic
- Great attention to detail
- A team player with a sense of fun and willingness to help out in other areas of chalet if needed
- Smart appearance
- Desire to constantly please and take pride in their food
- Passion for food of the highest standard.
OUR SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Rewarding and stunning work environment in one the world’s leading ski resorts
- Very competitive salary
- Excellent accommodation
- Meals provided
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Stylish outdoor uniform.
- Chardon Chef whites
- Contribution towards your travel between UK/resort at beginning and end of the season
- Ski pass
- A performance-based, end of season bonus of up to 3 weeks’ salary.
A DISCLOSURE SERVICE AND REFERENCE CHECK WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE EVENT OF A CANDIDATE BEING OFFERED A POSITION WITHIN THE COMPANY. THE COMPANY HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ANY JOB OFFER IF AN UNSATISFACTORY DISCLOSURE SERVICE OR REFERENCE CHECK IS RECEIVED.