This is a diverse and extremely challenging role in which you will assist the Chalet Manager with the full running of your chalet, ensuring that you exceed guest expectations at all times. The main emphasis in this role is on housekeeping and customer service. The key objective is to deliver a world-class hospitality service and to create unique and memorable holiday experiences for every guest.
Work closely with the Chalet Manager to ensure efficient running of the chalet and that the chalet complies with Le Chardon Mountain Lodges high standards as set out in the company manual.
The role can be divided into two parts:
5 * Customer Service:
- Ensure CML chalet standards are consistently being delivered throughout the season
- Ensure guest queries are answered speedily and any special requests are met at the earliest opportunity
- Arrange any ski hire, ski school or lift pass requirements
- Book restaurants for lunches and the Chef night off
- Report any guest issues to the Chalet Manager
- Plan “wows” and other special occasions for your guests
- Create a warm, home from home atmosphere in the chalet, from the guests ‘arrival through to departure
- Delivery of high standards of service; through serving early morning tea trays, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, pre-dinner drinks, canapés, dinner and after dinner drinks
- Set and clear dining tables and dining room – including table decoration
- Work with the Chef and Chalet Manager to ensure any special requests, likes, dislikes and any food requirements are met.
- Provide cooked breakfast on Chef’s day off
- Delivery of our house wines and up-sell to our ‘A La Carte’ Wine list.
- To be always conscious of general hygiene, maintaining high health and safety standards
- Chalet cleanliness and presentation including inside and areas outside the chalets
- Daily clean; evening turn down service; weekly clean; deep cleans at the beginning, mid and end of the season; daily laundry duties and other necessary cleaning to ensure chalet is presented to the highest standards
- Ensure napkins, tea towels and table cloths are laundered daily
- Ensure your chalet is stocked with necessary cleaning equipment and products
- General chalet maintenance; ensure issues are reported to the Chalet Manager and fixed speedily.
- Oversee Jacuzzi checks and ensure the log book is maintained and complies to legal standards
- Build and maintain ice bars with your team
- Snow clearing
- Open and close the chalet to the exact company standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
- 3 years previous 5 star hospitality or silver service experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation/time management skills
- Fluent English, conversational French and/or Russian would be an advantage
- Knowledge of ski resort/season life.
The hours are long and the job is physically demanding, so you must have the following key personal qualities and attributes:
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Highly professional with a 5 star service mentality
- Proactive and energetic
- Great attention to detail
- A team player with a sense of fun
- Smart appearance
- Desire to constantly please and take pride in your work.
OUR SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Rewarding and stunning work environment in beautiful ski chalets in one the world’s leading ski resorts
- Very competitive salary
- Excellent accommodation
- Meals provided
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Stylish outdoor uniform.
- Contribution towards your travel between UK/resort at beginning and end of the season
- Ski pass
- A performance-based, end of season bonus of up to 3 weeks’ salary.
A DISCLOSURE SERVICE AND REFERENCE CHECK WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE EVENT OF A CANDIDATE BEING OFFERED A POSITION WITHIN THE COMPANY. THE COMPANY HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ANY JOB OFFER IF AN UNSATISFACTORY DISCLOSURE SERVICE OR REFERENCE CHECK IS RECEIVED.