As the Chalet Manager, responsible for the day to day running of your chalet, you will manage and work alongside the Host/s and Chef in your chalet to ensure our guests receive the 5 star service we do our utmost to deliver. You will need to demonstrate exceptional management skills, as you co-ordinate the day to day operations and performance of each individual member of your chalet team, with the key objective in mind of delivering world-class hospitality; creating a unique and memorable holiday experiences for every guest.
Management of the team in the chalet:
- Co-ordination of the day to day operations in the chalet; service & housekeeping duties
- Daily meetings with the chalet team and a weekly planning meeting (Monday)
- Plan rotas for the team to ensure you have cover for days off and fair work time/down time for all
- Co-ordinate handover notes for your day off
- Manage your Chef to ensure shopping orders are complete; budgets are being maintained; stock takes are completed; daily temperature checks are being carried out and any special requests from the guests are purchased
- Management, work planning and nurturing each member of your chalet team
- Train and motivate of your team
- Ensure the presentation of staff is to a high standard
- Report any HR issues to the HR Manager to ensure problems are being dealt with immediately, consistently and efficiently.
Ensure deadlines are met for financial and non-financial paperwork:
- Weekly rotas for your team
- Chalet Accounts Pack for accounting purposes
- Weekly Manager Reports
- Weekly Guest Reports
- Manage stock levels
- Weekly linen count, keeping a close track of your linen
- Maintain chalet inventory of equipment, crockery, furniture & linen
- Collect guests’ payment as necessary, for lift passes, wine, massages and any other payments
- Update supplies of bread, flowers and newspapers depending on number of guests
- Call the guests pre-arrival to discuss any special requirements
- Ensure all arrival literature is correctly displayed - Contact Cards, Welcome Letters & Resort Information Folder
- Ensure the feedback questionnaires are being placed on beds the night before departure and handed in to FOH Manager
- Ensure the guest book is placed on coffee table the day before departure.
With you leading by example and with a hands on approach you will co-ordinate and work as a team to deliver:
5* Customer Service:
- Communication with the Sales Team and your guests pre-arrival & post-departure to ensure all guests' requirements are being met
- Act as a concierge and ensure guest queries are answered speedily and any special requests are met at the earliest opportunity
- Arrange any ski hire, ski school or lift pass requirements
- Book restaurants for lunches and the Chef’s night off
- Report any guest issues to the FOH Manager
- Plan “wows” and other special occasions for your guests
- Create a warm, home from home atmosphere in the chalet from the guests’ arrival through to departure
- Delivery of high standards of service; through serving early morning tea trays, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, pre-dinner drinks, canapés, dinner and after dinner drinks
- Set and clear dining tables and dining room – including table decoration
- Work with the chef to ensure any special requests, likes, dislikes and any food requirements are met.
- Provide cooked breakfast on Chef’s day off
- Delivery of our House wines and up-sell to our ‘A La Carte’ Wine list.
- To be always conscious of general hygiene, maintaining high health and safety standards
- Chalet cleanliness and presentation including inside and areas outside the chalets
- Daily clean; evening turn down service; weekly clean; deep cleans at the beginning, mid and end of the season; daily laundry duties and other necessary cleaning to ensure chalet is presented to the highest standards
- Ensure napkins, tea towels and table cloths are laundered daily
- Ensure your chalet is stocked with necessary cleaning equipment and products
- Manage your Chef to ensure daily, weekly and deep cleans are being carried out
- General chalet maintenance; ensure issues are being reported and fixed speedily.
- Oversee Jacuzzi checks and ensuring the log book is maintained and complies to legal standards
- Build and maintain ice bars with your team
- Snow clearing
- Open and close your chalet to the exact company standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
- Previous 5 star hospitality or silver service experience
- Previous general management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation/time management skills
- Administrative and accounting skills (preferred)
- Computer skills, including Word & spread sheets
- Fluent English, conversational French, Russian or another European language would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ski resort/season life.
The hours are long and the job is physically demanding so you must have the following key personal qualities and attributes:
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Highly professional with a 5 star service mentality
- Proactive and energetic
- Great attention to detail
- A team player with a sense of fun
- Smart appearance
- Desire to constantly please and take pride in their chalet.
OUR SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Rewarding and stunning work environment in beautiful ski chalets in one the world’s leading ski resorts
- Very competitive salary
- Excellent accommodation
- Meals provided
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Stylish outdoor uniform
- Contribution towards your travel between UK/resort at beginning and end of the season
- Ski pass
- A performance-based, end of season bonus of up to 3 week’s salary.
A DISCLOSURE SERVICE AND REFERENCE CHECK WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE EVENT OF A CANDIDATE BEING OFFERED A POSITION WITHIN THE COMPANY. THE COMPANY HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ANY JOB OFFER IF AN UNSATISFACTORY DISCLOSURE SERVICE OR REFERENCE CHECK IS RECEIVED.