This is a diverse and extremely challenging role in which you will be working as a team to provide a world-class luxury in-resort transfer service for our clients. The main emphasis in this role is on customer service whilst taking into account our clients’ safety and well-being.
The chauffeur role can be broken down into 2 areas:
IN-RESORT CHAUFFEUR SERVICE:
Our in-resort chauffeur service is available to our guests from 8am through until 2am, daily. With our immaculate collection of 4 x 4 Volkswagen Caravelles, our highly trained chauffeur team is on call to pick up and drop off guests anywhere in resort. Be it collecting children from ski school or adults from a relaxing après ski drink in town; we guarantee a fast, efficient and professional service.
- Deliver a 1st class in-resort chauffeur service to our clients
- Adhere to Le Chardon Mountain Lodges’ chauffeur etiquette procedures
- Be flexible with the driver rota to ensure efficient cover for the in-resort chauffeur service whilst also being prepared to do any last minute out of resort transfers
- Drive as required (and always safely) around the resort and out of resort
- Drive with due care and attention and respect the laws of the road
- Excellent knowledge of Val d’Isère, knowing where the restaurants, ski lifts, shops and other relevant places are located
- Maintain and care for the fleet of Chardon Mountain Lodges’ vehicles
- Keep the vehicles spotless at all times inside and out
- Make sure the vehicle log book is kept up to date
- Maintain contact and good relationships with local suppliers
- In the event of any vehicle damage, keep all documentation and report to management immediately
- Help with the guests’ luggage on transfer days
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of various chalet facilities (e.g. hot tubs)
- Ensure guests queries are answered speedily and any special requests are met at the earliest opportunity
- Assist with the transportation of staff and goods when needed
- Keep the car parking areas, entrances and terraces/balconies of the chalets clear of snow & ice and any other snow clearing as required
- The role is diverse and work will range from cleaning or stacking firewood to the helping with deliveries to moving of furniture
- Help to build snow bars and other chalet events
- Clear chalet rubbish and deal with recycling
- Help to welcome the guests with chalet teams on a change over day and help to carry luggage to rooms.
CHARDON TRANSFER SERVICE:
We operate a 5 star transport company called Chardon Transfer Service, which provides a professional, efficient and comfortable chauffeur service from local airports and train stations to our 5 star luxury chalets.
Out of resort transfers to various airports, train stations and other locations - these can be mid-week and also during changeover day (Sundays)
- Adhere to Le Chardon Mountain Lodges’ “out of resort” chauffeur etiquette procedures
- Be flexible with the driver rota to ensure efficient cover for the in-resort chauffeur service whilst also being prepared to do any last minute transfers
- Prepare your vehicle prior to transfers, ensuring you have all necessary documents to comply with French & Swiss laws
- Make sure the vehicle log book is kept up to date
- Clean your vehicle prior to a transfer
- Drive with due care and attention and with respect for the laws of the road
- In the event of vehicle damage keep all documentation and report to management
- Help with the guests’ luggage on transfer days.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
- Previous customer service is essential
- Previous chauffeur experience
- Previous off road or alpine driving experience (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent organisation/time management skills
- Fluent English, conversational French (desirable)
- Knowledge of ski resort/season life
- First Aid knowledge (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of routes to the major transport hubs in Eastern France/Switzerland, including but not limited to: Geneva, Lyon, Chambery, Grenoble, Albertville, Moutiers and Bourg St Maurice
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner, such as daily vehicle checklists.
- We are looking for the following key personal qualities and attributes:
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Highly professional driver with a 5 star service mentality
- Proactive and energetic
- Great attention to detail
- A team player with a sense of fun
- Smart appearance
- Positive attitude, flexibility, initiative and independence are essential
- Good levels of fitness
- Passion for Alpine sports
- Ability to get on well with people
- Fluent English, conversational French, Russian or another European language would be an advantage.
All Chauffeurs must be able to comply with Swiss law:
From May 2014 all drivers must be able to provide in writing 2 years’ proof of professional driving experience, including passengers, from previous employer/s. If you cannot provide this then a Driver CPC/ROSPA qualification must be obtained. Depending on numbers of candidates requiring this, Chardon can organise and run a scheme where the cost is covered fully for candidates who complete a winter season. The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification specifies that you have the competency to drive professionally in the EU and Switzerland.
OUR SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Rewarding and stunning work environment in beautiful ski chalets in one the world’s leading ski resorts
- Very competitive salary
- Excellent accommodation with meals provided
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Stylish outdoor uniform.
- Contribution towards your travel between UK/resort at beginning and end of the season
- Ski pass
- A performance based end of season bonus structure for up to 3 week’s salary
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDENT IN THE UK AND HAVE A NI NUMBER AND UK BANK ACCOUNT.
A DISCLOSURE SERVICE AND REFERENCE CHECK WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE EVENT OF A CANDIDATE BEING OFFERED A POSITION WITHIN THE COMPANY. THE COMPANY HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ANY JOB OFFER IF AN UNSATISFACTORY DISCLOSURE SERVICE OR REFERENCE CHECK IS RECEIVED.