Being the Head Chef at our flagship chalet Le Chardon is no ordinary challenge. As Head Chef, you will work closely with all Chalet Chefs as well as the Chalet Managers. You must have extensive experience in the deluxe hotel and/or gastronomic restaurant industry and be willing to go that extra mile, catering specifically to the varying guest groups and meeting their demands to ensure total guest satisfaction.
You will be required to manage 4 Chefs, including weekly kitchen checks and monthly reports on performance. You are also responsible for part of the Chef's training and will act as a mentor as the season progresses.
You will also be directly responsible for Chalet Chardon kitchen, creating a weekly menu for the guests in accordance with our dining standards, ensure optimum kitchen cleanliness, deal directly with guests and present a menu every night, be part of the team and assist or delegate cover when needed elsewhere. You will also be required to deliver quality dishes within our budget guidelines.
- Must have experience in a high-profile establishment
- Excellent communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of ordering, menu planning, purchasing, inventories and stock control
- Excellent organisational skills bearing in mind you will be working in semi-domestic kitchens
- Be creative and flexible, adapting menus to the guest’s requirements
- Good knowledge of dietary requirements recipes
- Be children orientated and interested in preparing fresh food for the children
- Be able to present menus to guests and talk about the cuisine
- Be able to work to tight deadlines with last minute requests
- Hold valid food and hygiene certificate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
- Recognised catering qualification and extensive experience
- Previous work experience in a fine dining environment
- Experiences in different cuisine for example: French, Italian, Asian etc.
- Experience in running your own kitchen
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Fluent English, conversational French (preferred)
- Knowledge of ski resort/season life.
We are looking for the following key personal qualities and attributes:
- Positive, flexible and adaptable attitude
- Highly professional with a 5 star service mentality
- Self-motivated, proactive and energetic
- Great attention to detail
- A team player with a sense of fun and willingness to help in other areas of chalet if needed
- Smart appearance
- Desire to constantly please and take pride in their food
- Passion for food of the highest standard.
OUR SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Rewarding and stunning work environment in beautiful ski chalets in one the world’s leading ski resorts
- Competitive salary
- Meals; breakfast and dinner included
- Flexible working hours
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Ski pass
- Contribution towards your travel between UK/resort at beginning and end of the season
- A performance-based, end of season bonus of potentially up to 3 weeks’ salary.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDENT IN THE UK AND HAVE A NI NUMBER AND UK BANK ACCOUNT
A DISCLOSURE SERVICE AND REFERENCE CHECK WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE EVENT OF A CANDIDATE BEING OFFERED A POSITION WITHIN THE COMPANY. THE COMPANY HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ANY JOB OFFER IF AN UNSATISFACTORY DISCLOSURE SERVICE OR REFERENCE CHECK IS RECEIVED.